CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Step Back Kids, There's Poop on the Carpet!


Consider yourself warned!


Last September we were invited to a 5-year-old's birthday party. We'd never met her or her parents, but Sophia was invited as part of the entire new class at her preschool. We thought it would be a good way for her to make a few new friends as school was starting.


So, we arrive at this decent home in mid-tulsa. By decent, I mean like indoor pool kind of decent. Like, the dad's a sophisticated antiques dealer, and the mom has this old-fashioned oil painting of herself on display above the mantle.


Sophie was struggling to interact with these new "friends," so I was near her as the friend was opening gifts. I was also holding my 6-week-old Norah girl. As the friend opened her gift, I leaned over a bit to explain what it was...knowing it was important to Sophie that the girl liked her gift. About that moment, I felt and heard Norah poop. I kind of laughed quietly and was about to acknowledge the akwardness of the moment when suddenly, the mom yells, (seriously yells) "Oh my!" Points to me, "STOP!" Then to the girls, "Everybody move! Step back kids! There's poop on the carpet!!" To which a bit of frantic overreacting followed by the kids and the mom.


Apparently Norah had on a short and shirt outfit and the poop took on the path of least resistance. It flew out the back and landed in the middle of the nice cream colored carpet.


Oh yeah!


Now that's the way to make some new friends.


I turned a bit red, I'm sure (I do that a lot you know), and quickly said with a smile, "We just don't like to be forgotten at parties. Ha! Ha!"


Joe says, "Norah, don't you know it's not polite to poop on people's carpets?"


We were trying desperately to make it a laughing situation...


It wasn't too funny to anyone but us. Oh well. We didn't stay long after that.

2 comments:

Gayla said...

ooooooooooooooh, anjanette! this was soooooooooooooooooo good!!! i am still chuckling.

and this is why your blog is quickly climbing the ladder of my all time favs. keep it coming!!!

SavannahDad said...

Man, you guys have the best poop stories!